The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Association of Transformation in Film and Television (ATFT) are taking a delegation of black South African filmmakers to MIPCOM 2015 in Cannes, France from the 5th-8th October 2015.
We will putting up a stand under the South African Indies trademark for all South Africans in attendance to make use of and also advertise South Africa as a co-production and shooting destination. Delegates will be assisted by us to meet appropriate investors, co-producers, sales agents or distributors for their projects in development, production or completed. ATFT will take a total of 20 filmmakers and producers to MIPCOM this year through the DTI’s emerging filmmakers group scheme SSAS.
The delegation leader from ATFT is Mayenzeke Baza
Check back here soon to view this year’s digital catalog
ATFT also assists producers who attend MIPCOM and are listed in the catalogue to secure finance or sales for projects by sending the catalogue to the largest and some of the more specialised distributors and sales agents ahead of the market and coordinating speed dating session with those that are interested in specific projects in the SA Indies catalogue.
DTI funded the stand under the emerging exporters group scheme, that included the following:
- 30 sq. meter stand space
- Professionally designed and locally built stand in the SA colors
- Host at the stand that speaks French and English
- Plasma display to run promos and trailers
- Pre-organised speed dating session with a selection of distributors looking for SA content
- Lockers for delegates to lock away valuables
- Coffee machine
- Wi-Fi internet access
What is MIPCOM?
MIPCOM is a TV and entertainment market, which is held in the town of Cannes once every year in October. This year will be from 7-10 October 2013. It is essentially a content event for co-producing, buying, selling, financing and distributing entertainment content. It provides the people involved in the TV, film, digital and audiovisual content, production and distribution industry a market and networking forum to discover future trends and trade content rights on a global level. Normally lasting 5 days, it provides a networking forum and showcase for Film and TV production companies.
MIPCOM is the year’s most anticipated global market for entertainment content across all platforms. Each autumn, the industry’s leaders converge in Cannes to turn every moment into an opportunity, transforming four days of meetings, screenings and conferences into deals, from blockbuster programming to groundbreaking partnerships.
Key reasons to attend
- Find co-production partners; and discover new projects.
- Find new international channels to network with and find out what they are really looking for.
- Sharpen our industry knowledge, understand the trends, discover new business models, and stay ahead of the curve.
- Network and make deals with key decision-makers in the international content, broadcasting and entertainment Industry.
The MIPCOM Delegation is supported by: